Delivery to over 150 countries worldwide. Departure from our warehouses in France within 3 to 5 working days.
Our recipes| 28.02.2023
Pumpkin velouté with A l’Olivier PDO Nyons extra virgin olive oil
What could be better when winter is harsh than a delicious pumpkin velouté. A simple and tasty recipe that will make everyone around your table agree. Nyons PDO extra virgin olive oil goes perfectly with pumpkin, bringing notes of almond, hazelnut and pear.
- 600 g of pumpkin flesh
- 2 onions
- 200 ml of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of A l’Olivier PDO Nyons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bouquet garni
- Ground nutmeg
- Extra fine sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Truffle shavings
- Roasted black chanterelle mushrooms
1. Peel the pumpkin and dice the flesh, removing the seeds.
2. Slice the onions into strips and brown them in a casserole dish with the A l’Olivier PDO Nyons extra virgin olive oil.
3. Peel and crush the garlic and add to the onions.
4. Fry for a few more minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
5. Add the diced pumpkin and bouquet garni and cover with water. The water should only just cover the pumpkin.
6. Bring to the boil and then cook with the lid off over a low heat for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the bouquet garni and then finely blend.
8. Add the sour cream, nutmeg, extra fine sea salt and pepper.
9. Before serving, add a drizzle of PDO Nyons extra virgin olive oil.
For the foodies amongst you, why not add some black truffle shavings and roasted black chanterelle mushrooms before serving?