- Rare: the fruit of century-old olive trees in Haute-Provence
- French:made with a unique savoir-faire protected by the French PDO label
- Exceptional: harvested from a single parcel with limited production
- Intense: characterized by its incomparable “black fruity” taste
- Uncommon:tastes like black olives and tapenade
The expression of the remarkable soil of Haute-Provence:
On the edge of "The Penitents" rock formation in the South of France, century-old olive trees enjoy an amazing climate mixing mountain and Mediterranean influences.
Paired with the relatively cold climate, the altitude enhances the taste of the olives giving the oil an incredible intensity.
The reflection of the artistry of an exceptional olive oil miller:
The olives were harvested between the last week of November and the first week of December 2020.
They were then left 7 to 8 days in controlled storage until the development of the “fusty” taste, characteristic of matured olives.
By pressing olives immediately after harvest, modern production methods have nearly eliminated this traditional process. It is now recognized and protected by a French PDO label.
An incomparable “black fruity” taste:
The “black fruity” note is substantially different from usual green or ripe fruity aromas.
By breaking its vegetal notes, the fermentation makes the oil lose its initial ardence.
The oil releases milder, rounder aromas, which are longer on the palate, with no bitterness.
Its aromas taste like tapenade, candid fruits and cocoa.